05 March, 2010

Nobody's Exempt from the Learning Process

I'd like to cut and edit the truth like Fox News, so I can look like a badass on the internet. Although it would elevate my miniscule ego to more normal proportions, I'd rather share the process of progressing rather than just the results of video editing or that key glorified instant when a shot works out perfectly. The not-so glorious mistakes, that were involved beforehand, contributes to the development of that glorified instant.

Today my teammate, John Daminato stopped by along with my buddy Dave. I asked him to teach me how to jump. He not only took the time to teach but also brought up a good point. Dave said, "Well if Efren doesn't need to jump, why should we jump?" John replied, "Well not everyone can kick like Efren. So some of us need to jump."

I'll kick before I hop, but it's not a bad thing to learn something new.






4 comments:

Big Dave said...

Since when is life fair?

GreenMangoes said...

what will be the most advisable break when playing beginners 8 ball game?

Z.D. said...

i'm no expert, and if you can see from my break, i need to practice it more. so the best advice i could give when breaking and playing beginners 8 ball is to have a friend rack for you and keep breaking until you're too tired to break. there is no advisable type of break you could give a beginner except to learn how to break and learn how to keep the cue ball from flying all over the place.

GreenMangoes said...

I understand. I'll try that. I'm reviewing how to play again. It has been ages since I left the sport and concentrate on poker and running/jogging. I started playing again.

I thought it was all about the hold of your hand in the grip of your cue stick that makes the break more spread out. I have no problem breaking when it comes to 9 Ball games.

And thank you for showing us these jumps! Gusto ko din matuto. :)

I believe every day is a learning process! :)

Post a Comment