19 March, 2010

I like to burn things

It's not as dark as it sounds, however it does have something to do with being a Pyro. Pyrography is art, and I'm learning how to burn into wood. Although I haven't made any large scale pieces with my burn kit yet, the process suits me for some reason. I like the thought process that goes into it, the fact it's  slow and careful, and reasonably calming. Strangely enough, there are some similarities in the process that are akin to how I handle charcoal. Which I heard was technically wrong because Zarah likes to smudge ( :p I don't give a damn, purists)

Charcoal and painting? Maybe not for a long time after this. Pyrography smells great and I might possibly be high from the burning wood.


So here's the beginning. It's all scratches from trying to acclimatize to the new process.



The next few were a little better controlled, but it was still too heavy handed






The most recent box went pretty well. A lot more detailed. 








More to come, hopefully. I'm going to try to practice making fur and feathers, maybe a realistic eye ball or something, and then work on a large scale piece. Wish me luck.




0 comments:

Post a Comment